Paul and I went to the doctor again today for a check up. Good news, the baby is still growing just right and it likes to squirm. It was so amazing to see, I will never get sick of watching my baby inside my tummy, being pregnant has been such a great experience so far. The baby has almost tripled in size, it's now about 6.5 cm (3 inches) and has longer arms and legs than before. The vital organs have formed and from here on out it just needs to gain weight and grow. In two weeks the baby will start to hear (probably mostly my heart beat and breathing, but maybe my voice too). Paul and I got to see the face, you can see the eyes, mouth and nose in the picture of the ultrasound, but I know it is difficult to see (taking a picture of a picture is hard). The doctor bet $2 it was a girl, but he wasn't willing to bet more than two bucks so I wouldn't be too confident in him yet. If we are lucky in four weeks at the next visit we'll be able to tell the sex, but we may have to wait longer.

I actually haven't gained any weight since last month (that's good). But from here on out I should gain about 1/2 lb. a week. So next month I should actually look pregnant not fat.
so adorable- Make sure Paul takes good care of both of you!! lara
ReplyDeleteYou are going to be the cutest little pregnant woman ever!
ReplyDeleteCome on, girl, stick that baby out there. :)
ReplyDeleteWhatever it turns out to be, girl, boy, alien bug, you know we'll all croon over the beautiful thing.
Love you all.