I just love the way Caleb acts when a baby is around. He puts his little hands on his knees, squats down to the level of the baby and says "Hi baby!" (you know the way he says "hi" so animated) It's so sweet.
Caleb has started to enjoy pretending. He'll get his 'baby elmo' and 'softie', bring them to me so I can wrap Elmo up in his softie like baby for Caleb to hold. He'll walk around the room rocking Elmo in his arms saying "baby, baby, baby" in a soft singing voice.
Often during the day Caleb will bring me a blanket and say, "hold you? Baby?" Translation: He wants me to wrap him up in the blanket tight, and hold him like a swaddled baby. He never has to ask me twice! I get to cuddle him while singing a lullaby. It only lasts a few seconds but it's one of those moments when I look down at him and think, "Wow, I am one lucky girl".
YOLOstone
13 years ago

Ahh, how cute! Taylor does the same thing with her baby doll from Christmas, but she doesn't snuggle up like Caleb. Wish we were there to snuggle up with both of you.
ReplyDelete