Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Interests

I've had two things on my mind lately and I'd like your opinions/knowledge on the subjects.

#1 Herbs

Since I have a minor in Nutrition I know somewhat about herbs, mostly herbal supplements. I'm not one to supplement. I figure if I'm going to get my nutrients I should get it from the best source FRESH FOOD. Supplements are difficult for your body to breakdown, hence taking longer get the nutrient, harder on your liver, more energy and more money.
I've been getting a lot of headaches recently. I've always had migraines at least once a month but now they seem to come at least once a week, often they are just tension headaches but on occasion turn into migraines. No fun. I hate popping the Tylenol and Ibuprofen so much, so I was thinking about herbal treatments. Do they work as well? My goal really is just to get rid of the headache at least in this area...

But also, I have a toddler, I hate giving him medicine when I have no idea what's in it. So herbs interest me in this area as well. When I think about how to be healthier I think to myself, "How did the Nephites do it? What did they do when they had a headache, back pain, a sick baby..." Well the natural way right? They'd probably make some sort of mixture of herbs. Obviously Heavenly Father put us on this Earth with everything we needed to survive, without having factories to make it. Thus, herbs must be the healthiest way to go...but how? I don't know where to start? What will work for what illness? And is drinking tea ok? (Most herbal mixtures seem to be taken as a tea).

#2 Home School

This has just been on my mind because it seems to be I hear about it more often than I used to and maybe that's just because I'm a mom now. I realize I have years before Caleb is school age. But I'm curious on others thoughts about the subject. Pros? Cons? I have my opinion and I'll share it later.

1 comment:

  1. 1. your husband is in PT school. go to PT. If you have tension headaches your upper back is probably tight. work on having better posture sitting and picking things up. also you could have paul massage your traps and suboccipitals right below your head. Or just lay on the spine of a hardback really big book for a while to put pressure on those tight muscles at the base of your head. We do a ton of stuff for that in my clinicals so email me if you want me to give you more stuff.

    2. I don't know much about home school. But I feel like going to public school does wonders for social life and social skills. But that is probably a biased opinion.

    ReplyDelete