Sunday, September 11, 2011

There is beauty all around

For our Labor Day break I dragged the family to hike Deseret Peak (4th highest in Utah) with me. Most of them were hesitant becuase I told them it was a 3-4 hour hike, 6 miles up 6 miles down.
I was able to convince them to come and most of us made it to the top, but not without complaining a little.
Deseret Peak is where Paul proposed to me but the morning we went we were not able to make it to the top due to pouring rain and freezing winds. He did, however, pop the question half way up where we could see over the trees and had a romantic view of the valley. This time, I was determined to make it to the top.
The hike wasn't too difficult until the last mile. We were tired by that point and it was a steady climb to the top. All I heard from Tanner and Shanlee was, "I can't do it" "I'm going to stop when I get to that rock" "This high is good enough for me"...Sheesh!
But so worth it! The view was beautiful and the accomplishment was awesome!
The family was split up most of the way because my mom is as slow as molasses walking up hills. My dad and Shara stayed with her while Tanner, Shanlee and I hiked faster up the mountain.





One day I want to do this hike with Paul and Caleb. This time Caleb spent a fun day with the Clarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment