Friday, September 2, 2011

Survival

I have survived a hurricane and my first week of PT school! I have been pretty busy since I left Utah two weeks ago. The 2600 mile trip was as long as you could imagine. I did it in 3 days, driving 12-14 hours every day, luckily I have friends from Nebraska and Ohio that let me stop and sleep at their house, thank you meg and laura. I stayed at a local members house until I was able to get an apartment, and I didnt move in until after the first day of school.
School has been really good thus far, except for a 100 question medical terminology test that we had today, which they taught us nothing about, we had to pretty much know it all already ugh. Other than that test I am really loving it. It is going to be really hard but it is stuff I love learning about so its all good. I usually have 3 hours of lecture and 3 hours of lab every day, and then I have to find time to study after that. So far it hasnt been to bad because I am all alone. When Amelia and Caleb come I know that will change because I will just want to be with them all the time when I'm not at school. It has been really hard for me to be away from them for so long, buts its what we have to do for now. Every night I do skype with Caleb and he is always excited to see me on the computer. He always gets real close to the screen to talk and keeps giving my picture kisses. It makes me happy to know he misses me and is excited to see me, hopefully soon they will make it out here with me.
Things are a lot different out here. I dont think there is a girl in this state that has shorts that cover here thigh and everyone has a funny accent. The ward is pretty small from what I have heard, about 150 come every week. Only 70 people were there last, I guess they were scared of the hurricane. I just wanted to give everyone a little update on whats going on out here. I miss you all and send my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment