Saturday, July 2, 2011

Unplanned

HA you all thought I was going to say I'm pregnant. Well I'm not, but I got a job, and it was not planned.
While Paul was searching for jobs online he noticed the Weber County Health Department was hiring in the WIC (Women, Infants and Children) department. I've always thought working for WIC would be a fun job. I haven't been looking for jobs, nor did I want one. I love staying home with Caleb and I thought since me working wasn't an absolute necessity, I wouldn't. Although me not working meant we would struggle financially, be unable to go on many outings for the summer, no saving for Paul's schooling, and many other things we both felt it was worth it.
Well, the Lord had a different plan, and it will take my faith to follow. I applied for the job because I didn't want to close any possible doors and becuase it has always been a job I was interested in doing. A week after turning in the application they asked for an interview. Two hours after my first interview they called for a second interview (it was a decision between me and one other applicant). I was to come in the next day to present on a PowerPoint that they had, I had 15 minutes to study and prepare before teaching it to my future employers.
Well, I was offered the job the next day. It was bittersweet. Pros: I only have to work 24 hours/week, I get to teach nutrition, it's better pay that I've ever had before, and it will give me experience in the workfield for when I work while Paul goes to grad school, and most of all it will double our income (that tells you how little we've been making). Cons: I have to leave Caleb 3 days a week for 9 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! True, life never goes as planned, but I admit I am grateful for that. If it did, think how many people we wouldn't know, experiences we'd miss out on, and all that lovely stress we would have to give up on. ;)

    Best of luck, Beautiful. Way to sweep them away.

    ReplyDelete