
It's easy to get discouraged about our country, the sins being committed are unbelievable. It's almost impossible to have faith or hope for our leaders, those voting for them, and even the speeches given to us promising things that will never come.
I find myself just thinking about what our country is becoming. And my only solution is to not become involved. Not a good one. I'm wrong. In many ways I'm wrong. There IS hope for our country, there IS peace, There ARE good leaders, and there IS something I can do.
This is an uplifting paragraph I read that President Hinckley wrote about. It gave me hope that our country is good, we are still looked up to despite all the bad, there is good here, and let's all focus on that.
"With tears in his [tour guide] eyes, this man poni9ted to the home from wich he had been disposessed. And then he said with deep emotion, "You belong to the greatest nation on the face of the earth. Yours is the only nation that has been vicorious in war and never claimed any territory as a prize of conquest. Your people have given millions, even billions, to the poor of the earth and never asked for anything in return. Rather, even after coming off as conqueror, you ahve poured yet other billions to revive those who had been your enemies in bloody conflict.""
Yes, we are a good country. We give, we lend helping hands, and often we don't ask for anything in return. It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with those fighting in Iraq, for example. There are men and women sacrificing their lives and families. They will come home tramatized, and completely different people in many ways. We didn't go over to get posession of Iraq, we went to help.
Remember we have a good country.

No comments:
Post a Comment