Thursday, May 20, 2010

37 Weeks (Full Term!)

37 weeks down and only 2 weeks and 3 days to go...hopefully. We had a doctors appointment today and the good news is, we have a healthy baby still cooking, the bad news is he doesn't seem anxious to come into the world. I'm not dialated and no signs of him having dropped yet. I guess I had high hopes of being one of the very few first time moms to deliver early. The doctor guessed the baby's weight to be 6lbs which would put him at 7 1/2 lbs. at delivery in 2 1/2 weeks. So far Paul and I are still having a very hard time coming up with names we both like. Our number one is Keenan Clark (no middle name yet). The second runner up is Caleb Clark. Any other name suggestions?
We are all ready for the baby to come though, the cradle and all his little belongings are squished next to our bed. I'm working on getting a few decorations up to make it look a little more like a baby's room. I'm also working on a U of U quilt for Paul and the baby. It's nice to have a few projects to keep me busy, but they sure don't keep my mind off the baby and how he could come any day now.
Paul is hating is Physics class but loves his Lower Extremities class where he gets to learn all about the joints, injuries and how to diagnose them. He's also surviving work, but I have a hard time surviving at night without him. It's so much fun when I get to have him awake and with me the three days he has off each week. He keeps himself busy at work by studying a little and reading A LOT of books, his most favorite being the Eragon series.




Paul bought me a blender for Mother's Day and I've loved it! We make Orange Julius often as well as smoothies. I had the brilliant idea to take the bottom part of the blender off while it was full of freshly made Orange Julius, don't ask me why. Once I unscrewed it Orange Julius went everywhere! And of course it didn't miss getting on my huge tummy. Paul thought it was halarious but I was very disappointed about all the wasted drink.

We were working on getting the cradle up and Paul thought for sure he could fit in it, looks like it's just baby size, but he had to sit in it to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment