Monday, May 3, 2010

3 days of summer

Paul got a whopping 3 days of summer break so it was a mutual decision that we splurge and take a summer vacation. We went to St. George for 3 days. We had planned on camping one day but the weather was bad, very windy and rainy, so we stayed in a hotel for two nights. We didn't do anything way exciting but it was great to relax and enjoy some time together. We did go to the temple, did some shopping and a 2 hour walk/hike. The hike tuckered us both out even though it was easy, I guess it's time to start working out again.





I think Paul's favorite part of the trip was eating at In and Out. Mmmm, it was good.

That's right, I climbed up there almost all by myself. :)




Today Paul started real life again, back to work and school. I know I've said this before but he is tough to be doing all that he is and I sure appreciate him. Working 40 hours and doing 15 credit hours is not easy, especially when working requires staying up all night then going to school before he can finally crawl into bed for a few hours of sleep.

The church has gotten rid of the married student wards now, we are all required to go to the family wards. They want to put more young single adult wards in so we're getting kicked out. It is a bitter sweet thing for me, I really enjoyed the married student wards because we get to do fun activities like cliff jumping and linger longers, you don't get those in a family ward. But it will be good to learn from those in our family ward that have experience and it's great that sacrament meeting isn't so quiet because of all the kids. We felt very welcome on Sunday except that after church we realized we had gone to the wrong ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment