Last night we were busy getting dinner on the table, late, so it was past Caleb's bedtime. He was fussy and very tired. I had to skip most of his bedtime routine but I always nurse him. He was so tired he could barely stop crying to nurse. Finally I figured he'd gotten enough to last through the night so I put his binky in and laid him on my lap while I put myself back together. 30 seconds hadn't passed and I looked down, Caleb was asleep already, rubbing his "softie" back and forth on his cheeck and forehead. It was so sweet.
I had to snatch this opportunity to take him in my arms and hold him while he was sleeping (I always put him to bed while he is still awake which means I don't get to rock him to sleep much). As I looked at his peaceful face and I held his sweet little hand I couldn't help but think about how blessed I am. How could a parent ever love anything more than a child?
After half an hour of holding Caleb I went into our bedroom where Paul was trying to nap before work. I laid by him for a short while to finally tell him about my day. A few minutes went by when we both heard outside in the parking lot a mother yelling at her little girl. It was heart wrenching. She was screaming at the girl to get in the car and slammed the door. The girl was crying. Before they pulled out the mom got out of the car again, opened her daughters door and yelled some more, slammed it and got it to drive away. At one point I was nervous she had been hitting her daughter because it sounded like it but I didn't see anything.
I couldn't stop thinking about it. So awful. Can you imagine? That little girl has nothing more than to look up to her mother. Good example? I think not.
YOLOstone
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment